Click left side of photo to go to previous entry/ Click the right half of photo to go to the next
Seniors Crossing, But I'm Not
Mississauga, Canada (March 2005)
Our birthday week is over. So now I answer forms in a different tick box (ouch!). Plus I consider myself past mid 30's (wow, that really hurts), so I built a list of how my day the past week was:
20 Signs To Prove That I'm Getting Old:
1. My mornings are spent in finding which body part, this time, is aching.
2. I look at the pillow and no bugs in the bed, but my hair is there instead of being on my head.
3. I start rummaging the cupboard and the fridge for breakfast and instead of bacon and chicken nuggets, instead of last night's pork chops, I decide to open a can of tuna.
4. I go back to the bedroom, to start working, and when I open the laptop I spend a full minute staring, not knowing what to do.
5. Obviously, Yes, I forgot what I wanted to do. So instead of working, I do something familiar, I start blogging.
6. I look at my blogroll and see that the blogs I read have changed from lifestyle and entertainment blogs and gravitate to political and environmental, and worse health blogs.
7. I spend grocery time in the fresh veggies section instead of Lane 4 picking up my favorite Doritos, Lay's and usual fare of 6-pack of Coke.
8. I read the product labels not for any marketing value this time its for nutritional value. No saturated or transfat for me.
9. I answer to the call of "Good Morning Sir" from the same Longo's grocery cashier, who only last week, yes, last week, greeted me, "Good Morning Young Man."
10. We dine with friends, and the topic of dinner conversation is not last week's Amazing Race or the kids' activities, but we discuss an unfamiliar topic about back aches, leg pains or doctor visits. Bad sign indeed.
11. Worse of all, before I printed out sexy pics from the net, now I print out healthy recipes for me to eat.
12. Worst is that....I wanted to come up with more than 12 entries for this list, but forgot most of them.....
Before I totally forget, a shout out and a big THANK YOU to Vangie, Tin and Jo for the birthday gifts.
We never expected that at our age, we still love receiving toys, books and cakes for our birthdays. Thank you again!
Links Around the Internet:
1. 51 Signs You're Getting Older - Large Print Edition
2. 25 Signs that You're Getting Old - Very funny
3. Signs of Old Age - Seems like the source of 1 and 2
4. Signs of Getting Old - oh oh, "they start calling you "sir" - is here. oh oh.
5. You Know You're Getting Old - Mother of all Lists
You're also getting old, if you're enjoying these lists!