Outside Looking In
Click left side of photo to go to previous entry/ Click the right half of photo to go to the next
From West Toronto (Canada)
• Statistics say that there are 8 million Filipinos "outside" the Philippines. If you count Jim Paredes and his family, its 8 million and four (or five). It's not just because of poverty or the lack of jobs. It's more than that. Believe me.
• If all 8 million Filipinos outside of the Philippines decide to go to Finland (not because Nokia is so close to every Filipino's heart), the Filipino population will be bigger than the Finnish (5.2 million population).
Will the world call the new place Filipinoland?
• The Philippines is now the 12th most populous country in the world. Case closed on the murder of Filipino progress (despite the Peso's best performance in the last 3.5 years)
• Dancing with the Stars produced a Filipina-American winner, Cheryl Bautista Burke, who with her partner, celebrity 98 Degrees' Drew Lachey won last Sunday's dance off. Her parents hail from Nueva Ecija. One of the celebrity competitors' was half Filipina, Tia Carrere.
• Half-Filipina Apprentice 5 applicant, Charmaine Hunt survives first day in the board room. Is it because of our Filipino training to be sensitive and never cut into sentences of our superiors that proved to be the deathblow to the first contestant eliminated? I guess so.
• American Idol's Filipino bet is still in the running. Sway Penala will continue to sway hopefully til they name the Top 12 soon. Whatever it is, he's proven his worth already as one of the best. It's up to the next couple of weeks' votes to allow him to survive longer.
Let me check if there are Filipino blood running in any of the Survivor Panama or Amazing Race contestants.
Surely, Amazing Race will not be in the Philippines for this season. shucks.
Pinoy na Pinoy
• Great articles. New starts. New Beginnings at PinoyExpats..
• One month to go before spring kicks in Canada, and I'm already excited to see these images!
• More than half of the Churchgoers in tonight's Ash Wednesday mass were Pinoy. I felt I was back in the Philippines.
Nice feeling :)