Click left side of photo to go to previous entry/ Click the right half of photo to go to the next
Reflecting on the CN Tower
- Opening to the public in October 1, 1976, the CNTower celebrates its 30th Anniversary with CNTower Stories.
- 5 Years before the CN Tower was opened, another Toronto Tower was supposed to be built - the Eatons/John Maryon Tower. It was planned to stand at 2,250 ft. That is putting the John Hancock Tower (1,127 feet) of Chicago over another Hancock Tower.
That plan didnt see its light. As it was cancelled and scrapped. :(
- The CN Tower measures 1,815 feet while the tallest building in the Philippines, the PBCom Tower is 848 ft. Another trivia to this is that I used to work at the original PBCom Tower, when it wasn't 55 floors yet, probably less than 12 floors. That building was demolished in 1997 to give way to what now is the tallest building in the Philippines and 85th tallest building in the world!
- PBCom has 55 floors, but the most number of floors in the country is 1322 Roxas Boulevard at 57 Floors.
- Given enough time while in Manila, I hope to visit and add both buildings to my collection.
- Going back to the CN Tower: one wicked shot by my idol photoblogger taken last Wednesday at the height of the thunderstorms is seen here.