Click left side of photo to go to previous entry/ Click the right half of photo to go to the next
Red-White and Blue - on our last day together in Canada
Without Her Glasses - with the Statue of Liberty Condensed Milk at the background
Elder Sister Turns Older
Princess Leia - and Luke Sywalker; Donnie-Marie Osmond, Raggedy Ann and Andy; Basketball players, Cheryl and Reggie Miller, Jake and Maggie Gyllenhal, Joan and John Cusack, Eric and Julia Roberts and the most famous of them all - Junnie and Linnor. Oh ok, that should read, Shirley McLaine and Warren Beatty.
Enough of that nerdy-trivia on "Famous Brother-Sister" tandems that I keep in my backpocket for possible participation in "Jeopardy".
But let me tell you about 39 things you dont know about Linnor:
39. We were born 1 yr and 5 months apart.
38. She was an "only child" for a mere 8 months.
37. Psychologically, that means we lived on the same things and were treated by our parents the same way. No elder sister treatment for her nor "bunso-bunso" for me.
36. Among her more famous traits that we have in common is our temper.
35. She's more vocal and physical. I'm a sleeping giant or a repressed volcano.
34. Among her more visible physical characteristics different from me is her fair skin and reddish/brown hair - that's no hydrogen peroxide :)
33. On the subject of hair : she actually loves pulling hairs when we were younger. She loves to cut my eyelashes too :)
32. And pinching my dark brown skin partly because I probably irked her a lot with my "kakulitan" (read "cuteness")
31. She's never the studious type, but she gets good grades.
30. We both won Spelling Contests on the same day back when she was Grade 5, I was Grade 4.
29. She's been a Spelling Bee champ in Holy Spirit, for several years even before that.
28. I wasn't one because I spelled "Priest" - yeah yeah yeah, "I before E, except after C", but I won for 4 more years after that, but she didn't.
27. We were not competitive with each other. Because I can never compete with her.
26. She always ends up winning anyway. Well, maybe that was then :)
25. We shared a lot of things when we were younger. A bedroom was one of them, up until we were 9 and 10.
24. Since then, my own bedroom was a lot cleaner as she just got the OC bug recently.
23. She'd storm my room, turn it upside down and inside out when she's angry.
22. Angry with me, more often than not, because I may have done something wrong.
21. But in hindsight, I really couldn't remember what it was.
20. She's so prayerful. I can hear her pray at night as our windows were so close to each other.
19. She'd usually pray about her crushes (sssshhhhh)
18. She sleeps with her eyes open.
17. And her mouth too. hahahahah.
16. She loves our youngest sister, May, so much.
15. It just doesn't show. We're not demonstrative anyway.
14. She's very thoughtful, more than anyone else and will go out on a limb for a family member.
13. Sometimes misunderstood, but always understanding.
12. Sometimes moody, but always in the mood.
11. Sometimes high-strung, but always highly spirited.
10. She'll eat you alive if you cross her paths the wrong way.
9. She's a control freak, often seen as domineering. But she's not. There are buttons at the back to control her too. Batteries not included.
8. Actually, it's her way to show you to "hop on my back-I'll take you there" attitude.
7. She's frugal - but has the best things in life.
6. Her 3 boys are her best gifts to the world.
5. After the bedroom (see #25) we never co-owned anything.
4. Now we are co-owners of a company that's been voted as one the Top 100 Companies in Asia, twice!
3. It's her birthday today.
2. I'm 27 years old, so she's...do the math.
1. She's my sister, and I'm proud saying it :)