Things We Miss
Click left side of photo to go to previous entry/ Click the right half of photo to go to the next
Falling Leaves - they were just there - now they're gone
Being Under A Long Armed Tree
Home-Prepared Meals with Red Wine
Miss, Miss, Sorry, Mister Pala
I love lists! (Di ba nga, I started a blog of listsalmost eons of years ago?)
And the reason to have launched "Memento" was to have a repository of good memories and happenstances, and things that in 3 to 5 years, will make us say - "hayyyyy, I miss those days".
So here goes a list of memories from 3 to 5 years ago:
43 Things I Miss:
43. Finishing a Book (the last one I finished from cover to cover was a 2-page Misalette)
42. Riding a Bike - a real one, the stationary bike of course, doesn't count
41. Seeing the Sunset with my family
39. Badminton (I remember this was the in-thing in Manila 3 years ago, is it still now?)
38. Switzerland - (just re-read my comments and I mentioned I was staying in the Philippines for good - who would really know our future?)
37. Tower Records - my nirvana - goodbye and thanks for all the memories- this time for good
36. Playing an Instrument - I used to play the piano, and the lyre (and a weird named instrument called "angklung") :)
35. Wearing a Barong Tagalog (wow, the last time perhaps was during my sister's wedding)
34. Our dogs in the Philippines - Paris and Lausanne
33. Manila Driving (the last time I was there, I hardly drove, kakanerbiyos nga
32. Going to a real Office - dressed in long sleeves and tie and not working from home and being tempted to wear this during Video Conferences.
31. Manila Christmas Lanterns (pic from Dindin)
30. writing love letters to my wife - in long hand :(
29. writing period.
28. Visiting zoos
27. Being close to animals - not that close
28. The PBA - for some reason, I lost interest in it since the Big J retired
27. Vinyl Long Playing Records
26. New Wave 80's Vinyl Long Playing Records - to be exact
25. Yummy Crispy Mushroom Chicken
24. ok Jollibee Chicken Joy too (Toronto can subdue almost every Pinoy food craving, unfortunately, not this one though)
23. riding a jeepney
22. backriding on a jeepney too (I don't think I can do it again - my grip was never that strong)
21. going to school
20. or going to a school reunion - our 20th HS reunion is next month - now I feel old..:)
19. watching a movie from a theatre
18. watching a movie whether in a theatre or from a DVD
17. sleeping before 10pm
16. going to the gym
15. eating home cooked meals (see pic above)
13. playing a sport (broke the spell this afternoon after a round of mini golf :) - that counts right?
12. shopping a non-household item :)
10. seeing a dentist, a doctor and a priest for confession
9. my High School friends (see # 20)
8. my High School School - what??? they have semestral breaks? Never recalled having them in HS.
7. Starbucks, Seattle's Best and Figaro - i've been a loyal Tim Hortons coffee drinker since we migrated
6. having a massage, whether from a spa or from my friendly barbero
5. the Sun - oh where's the sun these days???
4. making lists
3. like this list
2. and trying to check them one by one
1. Christmas - its been 10 months now...2 months to go! Woohoo!