The State of the Nation
Click left side of photo to go to previous entry/ Click the right half of photo to go to the next
Malungkot - walang turistang dumarating
Madilim at Nakakaiyak? Oy Hindi Naman, At least walang brownout. Maulan lang...
Mabagal ang Usad? Kasi Trapik Lang
Puno ng Pag-Asa, Lalo na sa Cebu!
(Paranaque, July 2005)
From A Pinoy Gone for 10 Months:
• Jeepney Fare is now Php 7.50 ($0.13) up from Php 5.50 while daily wage is still below Php 300 ($5.36), a backride on a jeepney, enjoyable, but if you dont have insurance, it's totally senseless
• Pandesal is now Php 2.00 each, too much? good thing newspapers are still Php 15 ($0.27), a good morning read with pandesal and coffee from a sachet, classic breakfast, timeless!
• Skyway toll is still Php 75.00 to Bicutan, while SSH toll is Php 25.00, traffic will kill you with the gasoline's ultra high Php 31/liter-pump prices!
• VCD prices still at Php 150, Yes Magazine at Php 75, bringing them back to Toronto for the Filipino community to share- just look at their smiles - full of happiness
• Jollibee 2-piece Chicken Joy, close to Php 90 ($ 1.60), while a Max's Fried Chix meal is now Php 198, quality time with your dad, priceless