So Red the Rose
Click left side of photo to go to previous entry/ Click the right half of photo to go to the next
"A single rose can be my garden...a single friend, my world" - Leo Buscaglia."
"And I will make thee beds of roses And a thousand fragrant posies." - Christopher Marlowe"
"Their lips were four red roses on a stalk." - Shakespeare
Each Day Spent With You is a Valentine
~ J B Yeats 1871-1957
Roses in the News
• Last night, Jalen Rose and Malik Rose combined for 26 points to beat the Toronto Raptors 98-96 in the NBA. Both veterans really rose to the occasion as they snapped a 10-game losing streak for the Knicks, well, at the expense of my Raptors. Good or Bad?
• Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas, reported that remittances from Overseas workers rose by 25%, from $8.5 Billion to $10.7 Billion. The increase of course was largely due to the increase of Filipinos outside of the country. Happy or Sad?
Mitzi and I treat Valentine's Day as any other day.
I had a doctor's appointment for blood exams (talk about red) at 9am and thus, on a very rare, if not the first time, I was with her in the car when she took off for office and for me to be dropped off to my appointment.
Even our plans for the night was still intentionally how we spend regular nights: a simple dinner, a bottle of red wine, a date DVD ("Red Eye" - since it's a red letter day, hahaha) and our nightly prayers to cap it off.
:) Are you waiting for what we did after we said our night prayers??? :)
Here's a trivia:
• 70% of those who celebrate Valentine's Day give a card; (Am part of the 70%)
• 49% call their sweethearts; (She left her phone at home, but she called me up)
• 48% give a gift; (hmmmm...)
• 37% cook a special dinner; (She made me one..and last night's dinner as well!)
• 33% give candy; (nope, gummy bears pwede pa)
• 30% go out to dinner; and (nope, we stayed in)
• 19% give flowers. (hehe, pictures above are our best memento of the day)
Lastly, about 11% of pet owners give Valentine's Day gifts to their pets. (huh?)