Coming and Going
Click left side of photo to go to previous entry/ Click the right half of photo to go to the next
Traffic Light (August 2004)
· As the next "in-thing". G-Blogs, blogging the traditional way or using your Globe phone. Here's my stab at it.
· Soon? Philippines’ first gold medal in the Olympics? Next Olympics perhaps?
· Coming to Manila, from Cebu, nephews Little Jake, Matty and Kyky on the 27th- woohoo
· Coming to Manila, mom and dad from Davao – wipee
· Coming Soon, movies “Godsend” (Greg Kinnear, Robert De Niro) – poor man's Sixth Sense and The Others, “13 Going on 30” (Jennifer Garner) – poor woman's “Big”, “The Stepford Wives” (Nicole Kidman) – don’t step out of the theatre on the first few minutes. Give it sometime and “Bourne Identity” – going in the tradition of any Damon movie (good but boring).
· This week, “Baby” – the comeback stageplay of Lea Salonga is debuting at the Meralco Theatre. I hope we have time from our preparations to see it. Tickets available at National Bookstore from P 538, P 618 to P1,300+. With matinee shows on Sundays. Perfect when real babies are sleeping already.
· On sale, VCDs of Makati Filmfest favorite, “Calendar Girls” (Helen Mirren) which was actually the best entertainment among the great weekend movie-lot. Foreign VCD film worth seeing is “20,30,40”. Saw “All My Life” (Aga Muhlach and Kristine Hermosa) on DVD and it wasn’t a surprise for it to be a big improvement from any of the pa-kilig movies out there. Laurenti Dyogi’s direction was great, which was expected. Cinematography was ok, poor lighting on some scenes. Script is not Joey Reyes-standard but passable.
· Going going almost gone – 20 GB Ipods on Sale for P 18,500; 40 GB for P 23,500, wow, ain’t that a good deal? Almost 33% price cut!
· Going – LA Lakers’ Gary Payton leaves and Rich Fox reunites with the beantown, Boston Celtics. Lakers get 3 players in return (in this picture, all 3 chose the same number?).
· Going to be finished in one sitting: "The No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency" by Alexander McCall Smith -ok, finish whatever you're reading and grab this "perfectly written" start of a great series of books. Some say it's the prose, some say it's the writing style, I say it's both.
· Going on hiatus - Theme Thursday – bye TT thank you for the friendships made
· and finally, Gone, Memento, at least for some time…