All Work No Play
Click left side of photo to go to previous entry/ Click the right half of photo to go to the next
The company I'm consulting with instituted a performance evaluation. Even though a consultant, I wasn't spared. But I was glad to have undergone such. (It's been a decade - even more, since I had such formal process). Normally, I was the one who conducted evaluations, so when the tables were turned, the feeling was differently weird.
I scribbled all the discussion points on post-its, in case I miss any and now I can't read any of them. I just see that out of 5 stars (it wasn't Roger Ebert who rated me) I got a 4 on almost points and a 5 on Reliability and Flexibility.
With my work evaluation done with, I'm scheduling other tests:
- Annual Medical Exam : check high blood pressure and cholesterol level
- Vocal Imaging : improvement of speech techniques for people who do most business over the phone
- Sacrament of Confession : for obvious reasons
- Income Tax Preparation : haha, to see if I still have money
I couldn't go out yesterday (-23 degrees) and today (I don't feel like going out) so in between my meetings and work, I did something - I surfed the internet.
Several Things I Did with the Internet
38. Downloaded Gwen Stefani's "The Sweet Escape" - weehoo, yeehoo
37. Read about Eclipse - the Foundation - this was work. So worked for 30 minutes.
36. Saw the pics of last Sunday's Lunar Eclipse - here
35. Who is Antonella Barba? so I googled her. Ah, she's the AI who will be voted out tonight...not because of her pics but her singing.
34. I downloaded "Say It Right" by Canadian Nelly Furtado
33. I'm in a uppity up mood so I listened to #38 and #34, several times over. At least 15. haha
32. I researched on Time Tracking tools. This one ate 2 hours of my internet time.
31. I had an IRC meeting with an engineer from the company. Took 30 minutes, because he was unresponsive for several minutes.
30. I checked my BPI account so that I can pay for Meralco and PLDT.
29. Found out that the money intended for it hasn't been deposited.
28. Looked at the NBA results. Both the Lakers and Raptors LOST last night. ugh.
27. In fact I saw both games, I just didnt believe they could lose in the same night.
26. I emailed several people (including Mitzi at work, as if we didnt have a phone :)
25. Answered some emails. I left some for later. Such a procrastinator.
24. Worked on an email request and was over in 6 minutes.
23. Researched on dyslexia. I think people with dyslexia have so much fnu.
22. Read about Kobe the Swinger being suspended another game for yes- swinging his arms after getting fouled - his 2nd time this season
21. YM'd the team lead of the Doc Team that her tasks will overburden her in the tailend of the software development. She thinks she can handle it. Let's see. Total of 2 minutes for the whole conversation.
20. Read that the pot for tonight's Mega Millions jackpot is now $ 370 million. Wow.
19. Tried to look for a way for me to get hold of a ticket for numbers: 6, 10, 12, 17, 22, and 30.
18. Drinking red wine adds years to one's life - Ernest Gallo just died at 97
17. I answered an email regarding client's hours and spent 3 more emails to have it all settled. A total of 20 minutes all in all.
16. Had no use of the computer for 15 minutes with a phone meeting with another project manager. But I was playing with the mouse the whole time :P
15. Checked email and replied to the rest of emails (see #25)
14. Checked personal email to see if anything came up in the first 3 hours of the work day. Nada.
13. Downloaded "This is Why I'm Hot" by the MIMS - the instrumental version - no 4-letter words for sure.
12. Took pictures and uploaded to Flickr. See pics above.
11. Read all the blogs that were updated in the last 24 hrs, including mine.
10. Read the reviews of the next book I'm going to read
9. Printed my Police ticket which I won from an online auction. Guess where we'd be sitting this time - 5 seats away from the stage!
8. Updated the company's wiki with the results of my research. Just 15 minutes.
7. Applied for new quote on Auto Insurance now that Mitzi is driving out of Toronto.
6. Worked on resource logs for 8 developers of the company. Almost 40 minutes.
4. YMd a resigned co-employee that the installation of his previous project was successful. (10 seconds)
3. Continued research for other apps (1 hour)
2. Checked the weather later. -8 degrees and sunny woohoo!
1. While replying to an email, realized that it's March 7 already.
Oh wow, what I just saw from a sign is indeed true, it read : Warning: Dates in calendar are closer than they appear.