A Little Bit of Everything
Click left side of photo to go to previous entry/ Click the right half of photo to go to the next
8 Random Things That Happened Lately
Cebu (August 2 to 5, 2007)
Definitely the Cebu leg was a trip that I had to make. First is the fact that my lola, who is 93 is still in the hospital and that every time I'm in Cebu there's always that uncertainty floating in the air as to her health. I needed this trip to see her, be with her and thank her personally for the legacy she has left the brood - before it is too late.
The trip also afforded me to bond with my first cousins via an impromptu reunion and gathering over lunch.
Of course, it can also be said that the timing was perfect for me to see both Zia (the previous day) and Jake go to school. Both are on their first year in school and are doing very well.
What is a trip to Cebu without going to its famed beaches? So, hours before the eventual flight back to Manila, I was basking in the sun (again!) and enjoying great weather and a great sleep. Ahhhhhh.....
8 Random Facts About Myself during My Recent Trip to the Philippines
1. Sleepless in Manila: there was 1 day I didnt get a full night's rest, while averaging hitting the sack by 2am. Was always excited about the events of the day and planning the next day too.
2. Didn't Miss Jollibee: for some reason I didn't like going to Jollibee nor enjoyed any of my visits to fast food restos. Might be old age.
3. Rode Every Mode of Transpo: plane, car, taxi, MRT, train, ship, outrigger, bike, tricycle, truck, except for kalesa. I should've paid P500 for the kalesa-ride around Fort Santiago - but didn't.
4. Gained Weight: again! Why is every trip back to the Philippines meant the dreaded added weight...?
5. Walked Like I Never Walked Before: walked for kilometers during the Marinduque immersion, trekked to the Bathala Caves, and worse of all, walked from Bicutan to our house at 11pm after the Service Road gridlock didn't allow any vehicle to move til 1 in the morning.
6. Spent Nothing for 15 days: yes. Zero expenses from July 16 to 31.
7. Spent P3,000 for Taxicabs: in 5 days! Yes, I didn't drive during the whole stay in Manila while spending P300 per trip going to Ortigas and back for 5 days.
8. Experienced a Little Bit of Everything: volunteer work, traveling, work, visit my lola, partying, being a philantrophist, playing with nephews and nieces, launching a company, meeting blogger friends, practically everything in 29 days.
Thanks Shai for the tag. I'm not sure if I can come up with 8 bloggers who haven't done this before....