Click left side of photo to go to previous entry/ Click the right half of photo to go to the next
Mall of This and Mall of That
Mall of Asia, Roxas Blvd. Reclamation Area, Pasay
How many visits does it take for one to realize that SM Malls are practically the same stores whereever and whichever branch you go? But people still go. In fact in *MOA, *(yes people call it by its 3-letter initials), people just go - just to go.
Last year, the part of Mall of Asia near the stretch of Manila Bay was a poor "me-too" to the legendary Baywalk - what with all the things you can do there. Fast forward to a mayor who doesn't like anything done by his predecessor. He tore down the stalls, pulled out the plugs from the bands playing and scared all the kids away by literally making the model dinosaurs walk.
Where did all the people go? At the MOA. And they came in droves, bus loads, and sometimes in barangays!
I sat there waiting for a familiar face, but in a city of 12 million people, I might as well win the lotto than that possibility of bumping into someone I recognize will turn into reality.
In March 2008, gasoline prices were at Php 39 - and that was already high then. In June 2008, just before I left, the prices were at Php 57 and going strong.
I knew why people are at the bay - they're all waiting for the boat to take them out of the island - ala Lost.
10 Things I Learned While in the Philippines
10. Bi-fuel cars and taxicabs are the norm. LPG for driving and what about for cooking?
9. Solve the Rice shortage. Eat Spaghetti. or something like that as an ad for a Spaghetti restaurant in Galleria.
8. Juday talks about Meralco like she works for them. Oh yeah, she works for them. Dang!
7. There's nothing like classic Pinoy food that can whet anyone's appetite anytime of the day.
6. Megalotto jackpot is now more than Php 100 million. No one has won in weeks. No one can afford a megalotto ticket anymore.
5. Pinoy Big Brother is really Pinoy's Biggest Bother. How pinoys get sucked in to know what will happen to Beauty than anything else.
4. Whatever happened to the PBA. That still remains a mystery.
3. San Juan and Navotas are now cities. In Metro Manila, only Pateros is not yet a city. They have to sell more itik to be a city.
2. Jollibee Chicken Joy (go click that link, I dare you!) is 30 years old next week. Where do you think it will celebrate its birthday? in McDo?
1. Erap is thinking of running in 2010 elections vs. Noli de Castro. Exciting times ahead!