Click left side of photo to go to previous entry/ Click the right half of photo to go to the next
...and their Sense of Humor
Created by Big Huge Labs
Nothing makes me prouder of the Filipino than that despite of inconvenient situations (traffic, unemployment), piling problems (garbage, the weather, debt) and what-have-yous, he still has the extra sense to always look at the lighter side of anything, ika nga the Pinoy sense of humor, sometimes toilet, but mostly poking fun at oneself and sometimes our weaknesses.
It is this, plus more, that makes us a unique race.
There are other things that make me proud of the Pinoy, here is a list:
1. Our sports heroes bringing pride and joy to the country, namely: 6-time Bowling world champion Paeng Nepomuceno, Asia's First Chess Grandmaster Eugene Torre, Efren Reyes, Flash Elorde and of course, recently KO'd from politics, Manny Paquiao.
2. Our beauty queens showing how beautiful Filipinas are, inside and out: Gloria Diaz and Margie Moran, both Miss Universe titlists and our 4 Miss International queens, the most by any country in the last 40 years.
3. Our artists like Lea Salonga (Friendster link) and Freddie Aguilar, who are both internationally renowned. You can include those who perform in Las Vegas and other lounge acts all over the world. Whereever there is great entertainment, there is always a Filipino.
4. Our culture and heritage which is truly unique among Asian countries. A good mix of Malay, Indonesian, Spanish, Chinese and American flavor.
5. National figures such as former President, Cory Aquino, Nobel Peace Prize Nominee and Time Woman of the Year both in 1986; and Jose Rizal. Both proponents for revolutionary change using peace as a weapon.
and so on and so forth
our 5 times winning of Miss Photogenic in the Miss Universe, via online voting (which you can not rig), Leo Oracion and Janet Belarmino and team, scaling Mt. Everest, Boracay, Mayon Volcano and Banaue Rice Terraces, our Jeepney, Monique Lhuillier, 1997 Pulitzer Prize Awardee Alex Tizon, business tycoons, Loida Nicolas Lewis, Josie Natori, Lilia Calderon Clemente, and Cecilia Pagkalinawan, The first Asian to have entered the prestigious Harvard University's School of Medicine is Dr. Fe del Mundo, Gawad Kalinga, our nannies all over the world, our contract workers, ang dami pang iba!!!!
This post is a response to the tag of AnP who is by the way, one of the bloggers we can be proud off for bringing to reality an on-line magazine, PinoyExpat, composed of writers all over the world and being one of the top brass bloggers in the world, to boot!