Click left side of photo to go to previous entry/ Click the right half of photo to go to the next
Last Minute Wrapping
Posing After Christmas Eve Midnight Mass
With a note saying "I love you"
I meant it "- Wham!
If it weren't for a relatively slow office day in 1991, a day after Christmas Day, today wouldn't be as happy or as blessed. It was the day a 125-pounder gathered all his guts to ask the current lady of the house for giving him the honor of a post-Christmas lunch with her. I specifically mentioned it was a "non-date" - but of course in my books, it was one of the happiest moments of my early lovelife.
As every year-end, there are "Top Lists" and here in Memento, its not something new that we do a list of Top Music, DVDs and Events at year-end.
So here goes, and we start the lists with something close to my heart - FOOD- hahaha, its MUSIC:
Top 10 Best (aka most probable Last Song Syndrome (LSS)) Songs for 2007:
1. 1,2,3,4 - Feist - only because it was the song of Summer
2. Umbrella - Rihanna - or this is the song of summer 2007? Your guess is as good as mine.
3. Stronger - Kanye West and tied with
3. I Get Money - 50 Cent (so that no one argues)
5. Rehab - Amy Winehouse
6. Sweet Escape - Gwen Stefani
7. Gimme More - Britney Spears - am not really sure about 5,6, and 7, but they really became LSS tracks for me for some time in 07
8. Hey There Delilah - Plain White T's
9. Apologize - One Republic - and Timbaland
10. Boys Dont Cry - Junnie - my perennial 98-99 score in Magic Sing!
Runners-Up: All songs released by Akon - Don't Matter, Smack That and Sorry Blame it on Me...he went down the Top 10 not because of doping, but for groping..sorry, Akon.
Top Music News for 2007:
1. Death of Pavarotti
2. CD Sales going south despite more CD albums being produced
3. The end of remakes - until Celine Dion released an old Heart song
4. The reunion of 80s bands - Van Halen, The Police, Genesis and Led Zepellin
5. The reunion of 90s girlband - Spice Girls - botox and stitches and all
6. Charice Pempengco and Arnel Pineda making waves in foreign music industry
7. New opposition to Itunes - Amazon!
8. The Ipod Touch - yes...it revolutionized touching in a different kinda way
9. Britney Spears' comeback opening act at the MTV awards
10. Radiohead's pay if you want free Download of their latest studio album - well it's not free anymore :P suckers
Tomorrow, its the Movies - errr (actually - we didn't see any movie in the theaters the whole 2007), that's something to talk about 'eh? Let's just make it - DVDs.
See you tomorrow, I need to play some Long Playing Records on my turntable. possibly the music story of the year for me. I'm starting with The Cure's - you guessed it right - "Boys Don't Cry"