Staying in Touch
Click left side of photo to go to previous entry/ Click the right half of photo to go to the next
Canada, Cebu, Singapore and Jake
Jake Live with Paparazzi
Click Play to Hear Zia and Jake Sing and Fight and Embrace - story of their life when they're together
Last Christmas Part 2
With a note saying "I love you"
I meant it "- Wham!
Technology is really amazing! Who would ever think of being able to communicate, hear your nephew recite a poem, a niece pull up a make up kit and start primping herself or Mama and Papa live - everything for FREE?!
So last December 22, despite the kids being already in bed, we had our first teleconference and another one for the 24th...even with all the snags, the lost connections, the conversations flowing from one topic to another - the Christmas celebration via high technology will be a great annual tradition....welcome to the 21st century.
As every year-end, there are "Top Lists" and here in Memento, its not something new that we do a list of Top Music, DVDs and Events at year-end.
Yesterday, it was MUSIC:, today, it is DVD or Movies
Top 10 Best DVDs for 2007:
1. Children of Men - am just an Alfonso Cuaron fanatic...you should see this film more than once
2. The Inconvenient Truth and Sicko - more of docu DVDs in 2008!
4. 300 - don't tell me you haven't seen it?
5. Sorry, but Knocked Up and Superbad are both in my list
7. Blade Runner - yes, finally!
8. Ratatouille and Simpsons - oh am just a kid at heart
Runners-Up: The Stanley Kubrick Collection
Top 5 Best TV on DVDs for 2007:
1. Lost - Season 3
2. Heroes - Season 1
3. Grey's Anatomy - Season 3
4. Planet Earth - stunning shots - a must have - even if you dont have HD, this one is close
5. I can't even make 5 :(
Top Movie-Viewing and DVD Trends in 2007:
1. HD or Blue Ray? This tussle will spillover to 2008, maybe even 2009
2. Movie viewing on a 3.5 inch screen
3. Less Bonus Features - or less viewing of the bonus features...do you really see them?
4. Less Movie viewing in theatres - more at home - isnt that a trend since early 2000s?
5. Fake DVDs are out - Telebisyon.com is In or those sites that provide a link of the movie via the forums :(
I've seen more than 100 movies in 2007, but none in the theatre. If the last movie I've seen is the gauge - then I'd rather watch a movie after 3-4 months on DVD, with all the reviews and all the critics telling us what to watch.
Guess what my last movie seen on the big screen was? BORAT. Nakakaburat. :)
Tomorrow - Top Events ...and then Top Memento Moments for 2007, my favorite pictures...may not be seen on the big screen, but definitely better than posing as a person from Kazahkstan...but not as great as seeing my nephew and niece sing Christmas carols via the webcam...nothing beats good technology that bridges families across the miles.