Click left side of photo to go to previous entry/ Click the right half of photo to go to the next
Volvo Made of Lego
-Yes, all thousand of Lego blocks
Pictures taken by me from Legoland, San Diego, CA
- Jose Ortega y Gasset
During these days, I'm dreaming that we had another car.
I just need to pop in the mall and get something, pass by the bank and the post office, do some errands - all in 10-15 minutes. But I have to put on 3 layers of clothing, walk to the bus stop and wait out in the cold, under 0 degrees. The waiting is even more than the time I needed to do the errands myself. The things that we can accomplish if we have the means and the mobility is consequently compared to the monthly finances of maintaining another car, parking it outside our 1 carport garage, and of course, gasoline prices.
All the things I need to do are put off until 5:30 when Trixie comes home or on weekends, which is all right, it only needs careful planning and some extra time of cramming all other activities into 2 days.
Pardon me. I'm just overdoing our current review on Cost-Benefit analysis which the above concern just perfectly exemplifies.
I guess I found an alternative solution - a bike. I want to ride a bicycle again. Saves gas and gives me enough reason to exercise. It also fits in the garage too :)
I'm off to craigslist for one. Problem solved.
Some interesting things I found on the web in the last hour:
* The Lego Company, it seems, has a policy of not producing toys that replicate 20th century weapons. Nice. From the article, You Grew Up Playing Shoot'em-Up Games. Why Can't Your Kids? (via Wired)
* Building an Empire, One Block at a Time - the success of Lego in an age of high-tech toys. (via Newsweek)
* Website for a book launch - done creatively. She's also the author of my favorite 2005 movie, "Me and You and Everyone you Know".
* She not only made a tour in the Philippines, she starred, visited Big Brother's House, and released several CDs. So what happened to Jasmine Trias and to other American Idol winners/and someone who is more than a winner - no other but William Hung?
* Jack En Poy - remixed. Yes, they now have 101 variants of Rock, Paper, Scissors. But didnt we use to do this in Grade School? No God? Thumb is dynamite?
* I used to have a workplace this orderly, but now with my online course in Project Management, its like these. I dont dare want to have one like Martha Stewart's, where the keyboards are in drawers :)