Beauti-FALL : (Part 4 of 7)
Click left side of photo to go to previous entry/ Click the right half of photo to go to the next
3 PM : One of 19 Water Falls inside the Watkins Glen Hiking Trail
3:15 PM : How Many Water Falls Can You See?
3:30 PM: Here's More....
4:00 PM: The winds blew and it rained with leaves
Fall Watching : Afternoon of Day 2
Watkins Glen, New York
- Nathaniel Hawthorne
It wasn't long. It wasn't tiring as well. The trick was enjoying every minute of the mile high trek. The gorge was created from over thousand years of coursing streams carving the landscape and making what is now the Watkins Glen State Park.
Just imagine 19 waterfalls, water-sculpted rocks, a rich scenery of greeneries and fall colors which you can reach by ascending 800 steps scattered along the Gorge trail.
The sculpted sides of the rocks resemble that of the Philippines' Banaue Rice Terraces. No wonder, Watkins Glen and the Rice Terraces are always mentioned among the Wonders of the World!
Just another feat ticked off of our lists of to do. Check - walk along the trails of 2 Wonders of the world. Next trek - is a visit to my favorite author when I was 7 years old.
From San Francisco to Washington, DC - the Longest Walk 2, after 5 months, and 8,200 miles, the Native American Prayer walk ended last July 11. Watch the video as it commemorates the first walk made 20 years ago.
Do you know Arthur Blessitt? He has walked across the globe carrying the cross since the year I was born.
Amazing. Here's a video of his story. Out in theatres on April 3, 2009, Holy Week.
Arthur Blessitt: A world traveler, world record holder, and a follower of Jesus Christ has accomplished the following with the help of God and the love he has for all the people of the world.
* Walked around the world since Christmas Day, December 25, 1969 carrying a 12 foot cross for Jesus.
* Now 38,102 miles (61,319 k.m.).
* 315 countries, Island Groups and Territories.
* Walked on all seven Continents including Antarctica.
* Been through 52 countries at war.
* Arrested or jailed 24 times (Not for Crimes)
* Listed in the Guinness World Records for the 'World's longest walk'.
* Arthur says, "I Love God, I love people, I try to keep it simple".
* Of the journey he says, "Jesus did it, I give Him all the glory".
* He has traveled constantly with his wife, Denise, since their marriage in 1990.
That's what real walking with the Lord is. Amen.
Here's the rest of the Watkins Glen hike, on our Day 2, mid afternoon.