Let's Talk About Music - Updated
Click left side of photo to go to previous entry/ Click the right half of photo to go to the next
I wanted to answer the 25 Random things with one thematic category : Music. I ended up with 25 things on Music and nothing for Facebook :( to the consternation of those who tagged me.
1. I love music. But as what they always say, "Music doesnt love me back"
2. The reciprocity means loving all types of music including classical and folk, but not country and arena heavy metal.
3. I'm supposed to be stuck in the 80s but my favorite bands these days are 80s sounding - "Of Montreal" (The Smiths), Animal Collective and Bon Iver. I love TV on the Radio too.
4. I play the piano.
5. I only have one piano piece that I can play from memory - "Yesterday" by the Beatles.
6. I was the President of the San Beda glee club when I was 2nd grade and was part of the group singing choir in high school.
7. But when they had to weed out the one who was singing a flat note, it was the best time to move out of the group.
8. Without me, the group won first place.
9. I have more than 300 vinyl records.
10. I still play almost all of them.
11. I only listen to music either the Ipod. the MacBook or my Stereo. CDs? not much. I give my CDs to my niece after ripping them.
12. I have 2 Ipods - 20 gb from a very close friend.
13. I bought a 2nd one after filling up the 20gb.
14. There are no duplicating songs on both Ipods.
15. That makes it close to 6,000 tracks, mostly 80s and current alternative music.
16. My all-time favorite band : Depeche Mode
17. I have seen close to 20 live concerts in my lifetime. Including Kenny Loggins, Toto, Christopher Cross, Spandau Ballet, David Bowie, UB40, and jazz artists like Julia Fordham, Workshy, David Benoit, Jim Chapell, and of course Depeche Mode.
18. I have seen Sting - the most at 4x. The last time was 5 rows away from the stage.
19. my favorite local band was Barbie's Cradle and I followed their gigs for almost 1 full year in 2001.
20. Currently I'm listening to : Animal Collective, Bon Iver, Of Montreal, and the new album of Fall Out Boy.
21. Fall Out Boy will be in Manila on Friday the 13th. I have no plans of watching because they dont sound well in live concerts.
22. I have seen 2 concerts where I moved from my original seat and went closer without being caught by the hulking ushers.
23. I will not do that again - it's scary.
24. What is scarier is singing in front of an audience.
25. But that doesn't stop me from loving music.
o Mike Francis is dead. He is now singing to St. Peter - his most popular tune - "Let me In"
Bless his soul.
o Grammy's today, Sunday, Feb 8, but who cares? Ratings down by 12% last year. Album of the Year? what about MP3 Download of the year?
So who cares? I do.
Complete list of Grammy 2009 nominees here..